2nd March 2013: March Artists Market
Held in Castle Square (directly outside our Pemberton House Self Catering Property), the Lincoln Artists’ Market is a great place to browse and buy affordable art direct from established and up and coming artists. There’s something for every taste and every pocket with a wide choice of original artworks from paintings to photography, ceramics to textiles and artisan made fashion.
The Artists’ Market is held every first Saturday of the month from March to December making it the perfect place to find an original present for that special someone.
3rd March 2013: Bailgate Wedding Fair
Lincoln’s Bailgate is ideal to ensure your wedding day is perfect in every way. The Bailgate is a stunning area of Lincoln, with its world class heritage and jaw dropping architecture making the perfect backdrop for those all important photographs. There is an abundance of high quality venues: from traditional, contemporary and boutique hotels to more quirky and historic, it’s the only event where you can view them all in one weekend. There will be a plethora of local suppliers on hand, who really know how to make your day special.
16 / 17th March 2013: Discover Greater Lincolnshire Weekend
As well as enjoying the shopping and food available throughout Lincoln, visitors and residents alike can also explore some of Lincolnshire’s most fascinating attractions absolutely free of charge! Highlights include:
- Tour Lincoln is the open top city sightseeing bus tour – with hourly tours departing from Lincoln Cathedral. First tour departs at 10am, last tour departs at 3pm. Free tours on Saurday & Sunday.
- Lincoln Cathedral has a rich and varied history that can best be experienced by exploring it first-hand on tours from ground level to the top of the tower
- Visit the Lincoln Castle to discover one of the city’s true historic gems, offering nearly 1,000 years of jaw-dropping history ranging from epic battles to the hangings of criminals and ghostly tales
- Visit the Museum of Lincolnshire Life during their living history weekend to explore large and significant collections and exhibits covering all aspects of Lincoln’s social history.
13th / 14th April 2013: Living History Weekend
Take a step back in time and discover what life at Lincoln Castle was really like. Join the Friends of Lincoln Castle and discover tales from the past at this weekend of re-enactments.
Over this weekend the Friends of Lincoln Castle will be animating the site with re-enactments of scenes from the past. Take a step back in time and discover what life at Lincoln Castle was really like!
- The Lincoln Castle Garrison living history camp will demonstrate 15th Century life
- Prison re-enactors will bring tales of prisoners to life
- Additional guided tours at 11am, 12pm, 1pm and 2pm
- Prison Tours at 10.30am, 11.30am, 12.30pm, 1.30pm and2.30pm (numbers on tours will be limited)
- Lincoln City Waites will provide music through the day
- Archery displays throughout the day with the chance to have a go yourself
- Falconry display of birds of prey and flying shows will be held at 12.30pm and 2.30pm.